Ah, broccoli salad – that classic summer side dish staple! There’s something about the crunch of fresh veg, the tartness of the dressing and the creamy texture of cheese that makes it a real crowd pleaser. Today, we’re making a twist on the classic with a delicious Souplantation Broccoli Salad.
For the salad:
– 2 heads of fresh broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces – 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
– 1/2 cup sunflower nuts, chopped
– 1/4 cup raisins
– 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
For the dressing:
– 1/3 cup mayonnaise
– 1/4 cup sour cream
– 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
– 1 tablespoon sugar
– 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
For the salad:
1. In a large bowl, combine broccoli, red onion, sunflower nuts and raisins.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, white wine vinegar, sugar and Dijon mustard.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
4. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top and toss again to combine.
1. Serve immediately or keep chilled until ready to serve.
2. Garnish with extra sunflower nuts and freshly ground pepper, if desired.
This Souplantation Broccoli Salad is an updated version of a classic. The crunch of fresh veg and the sweet tartness of the dressing make this salad a real delight. The addition of sunflower nuts and raisins gives it a unique twist, while the cheddar cheese adds a creamy dimension. A perfect side dish or even a light lunch – this refreshing salad will be a hit with any crowd. So go ahead, mix up summertime staples with a new twist on old favorites. Enjoy!