This delicious and nutritious meal can be ready and on the table in under 30 minutes. Shrimp & broccoli stir fry loaded with ginger and garlic – oh yeah!
- 4 oz. large shrimp, peeled
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- Green onion – 1 stalk
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon rice wine
- Sesame oil – a dash
- A pinch of sugar
- Pepper and salt to taste.
- Marinate the shrimp in corn starch and a little oil for 15-20 minutes.
- Blanch broccoli in boiling water for 30-45 seconds, plunge in to cold water and then dry.
- Heat your wok until very hot (with oil), add ginger and stir for a few seconds.
- Add green onions and stir briefly.
- Add shrimp
- When shrimp are roughly half done, toss broccoli in.
- When shrimp is almost done, put oyster sauce, rice wine, sesame oil and sugar in.
- Stir for a few seconds to coat and serve.