Duncan Hines Honey Bun Cake: Sweet Indulgence with a Healthy Touch
Ahhhh, the smell of a freshly-baked Duncan Hines Honey Bun Cake! This delicious baked treat is fragrant, flavorful, packed with nutrients and a timeless classic. Whether it’s a portion for one or a dozen, this moist and flavorful cake is sure to please.
A childhood favorite of mine, the Duncan Hines Honey Bun Cake is a sumptuous blend of whole-wheat flour, honey, eggs, butter, pumpkin and other ingredients. While it’s a classic, there’s certainly something special about each and every cake. The recipe marries traditional baking techniques with healthy, modern ingredients. After baking, the cake bursts with rich, nutty flavor perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a snack in between.
– 2 cups whole wheat flour
– ¼ cup honey
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
– ¾ cup pumpkin puree
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 2 teaspoons baking soda
– ½ cup dark chocolate chips
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon nutmeg
– 2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare a 9-inch cake pan with baking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. In another bowl, beat together the melted butter, honey and eggs until well blended.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir until a thick batter forms.
5. Stir in the pumpkin puree until the whole batter is homogenous.
6. Add the dark chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and spread the batter evenly.
8. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top of the cake and bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Allow to cool for about 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Duncan Hines Honey Bun Cake is perfect for those who are looking for a healthy bake without compromising on full-on flavor, or just those of us with a sweet tooth! It’s also a great way to introduce children to the art of baking, as it’s easy to whip up and sure to be loved. Enriched with honey, nourishing whole grains and the warmth of spices, the Duncan Hines Honey Bun Cake is indeed a healthy treat!