Paula Dean’s Chicken Fried Steak Recipe: Simple Yet Loaded With Flavor
The magical combination of savory meats, flavorful sauces and deep-frying is the backbone of Paula Dean’s famous chicken fried steak recipe. One bite, and you’ll be transported to food heaven.
A southern classic, this recipe combines the velvety texture and savory flavor of steak with the crunchy coating of fried chicken. Paula Dean has perfected this meal by bringing together several traditional ingredients and an easy technique that will have dinner on the table in no time.
– 2 pounds cubed steak
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 2 teaspoons salt
– 2 teaspoons black pepper
– 4 eggs, beaten
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 1 cup vegetable oil
1. In a shallow dish, combine 2 cups of all-purpose flour, the paprika, salt, and black pepper and mix them together.
2. Dip each steak into the egg mixture, then into the seasoned flour mixture.
3. In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil on medium heat.
4. Place the cubed steaks into the skillet and fry each side for about 5 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
5. Serve with mashed potatoes and gravy for a delicious dinner.
Tips and Tricks
Adding some garlic and onion powder to the flour mixture will really kick up the flavor. Or, if you’re feeling creative, try adding a little hot sauce for a zesty kick.
This recipe is so comforting and simple, it has been around for generations, and is sure to please a crowd. Its classic flavor and aroma will fill your home with nostalgia. And, it’s just as delicious served alone or with a side dish.
So, if you’re looking for an easy, yet delicious meal that goes beyond ordinary fried food, try Paula Dean’s chicken fried steak recipe.