- 1 box baby ziti pasta
- 1 bag baby spinach, washed
- 1 bunch sweet italian basil, shredded
- 1 package white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 scallion stalks (green part only), chopped
- 1 package grape tomatoes
- extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese
This recipe was inspired by something Rachel Ray prepared on her show. Instead of spinach, she used arugula and instead of mushrooms, she used shrimp. This is a light alternative. Hope you enjoy!
- Place tomatoes in a roasting pan and sprinkle with a generous amount of olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Place into a 400 degree F oven for 15 minutes until tomatoes are wrinkled and tender. Remove from oven and mash the tomatoes. Set aside.
- Boil pasta in salted water until al dente.
- In a pan, saute 1/2 the scallions and the mushrooms in oil on high heat. When mushrooms are tender, lower heat and add the cooked pasta.
- Stir in basil, spinach, remaining scallions and tomatoes. Add a bit of water. Cover pan and cook until greens are wilted.
- Remove pan from heat and sprinkle cheese.
- Serve hot.