Classic pasta carbonara using spaghetti as the pasta. Really quick and easy to make resulting in a creamy dish that is both filling and tastes great. This recipe is easy, delicious and really fast. How does 25 minutes from start to plate up sound to you. I know it sounds damn good to me. Feel free to try some chicken or beef strips but to be honest I prefer to keep a classic recipe like this just as I found it. I have used bacon before because that is what I had handy but it is best to use pancetta.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup finely chopped chives
- 1 lb dried spaghetti, cooked
- 1/2 lb bacon, ham or pancetta, chopped
- Melt butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Combine cream, eggs, three quarters of the parmesan, chives, and salt and pepper.
- Place pasta into a saucepan. Add egg mixture, mushrooms and ham. Toss over low heat until sauce thickens. Season. Serve with remaining parmesan.