This is a really delicious meal that is incredibly easy to make. No excuses for not feeding your family a nice hearty meal now! If you have a little time you should use fresh vegetables instead of frozen but I know everyone is time poor these days so frozen ones are perfect when you are in a hurry. Leave out the salt if you like I find it is fine without it and if you do not like hot meals then also omit the pepper. I like my soups more like a stew so I only used one coup of water when I took this photo instead of two. If you want to want to make this vegetable and beef soup go further you can use up to three cups for extra volume. If you use the recipe just how it is you will get six big servings.
- 1 1/2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 2 cups water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 10 cubes beef bouillon, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Place beef in a slow cooker.
- Pour in water.
- Stir in onion, tomatoes, mixed vegetables and potatoes.
- Season with bouillon, pepper, salt and basil.
- Cook on low 8 hours.