A real homely yet authentic tasting curry that serves six and can be ready and on your dinner plate in under an hour. Please note I have made this chicken curry several times and none of my mostly conservative guests complained that it was too hot. You will defintely not have any trouble when serving to your family. Add plenty of nutritious vegetables like zucchinis, carrots, red peppers, peas or corn to add loads more healthy goodness to this chicken curry. Serve , like most curries, on a nice bed of hot steamy rice.
- 2 lb chicken fillets, diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tin low fat evaporated milk,
- 1 tablespoon cornflour mixed with 1/2 cup water
- Brown chicken in oil and remove from pan.
- Cook onion and garlic in same pan for 2 minutes, add combined spices and stir over heat for
- another 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring slowly to the boil, stirring until thickened slightly.
- Return chicken to the pan and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Serve over boiled rice.