Every time I make this brisket it gets better. Being that I am from a big Italian family I often use a larger brisket and adjust the other ingredients accordingly, but it always comes out tasting divine! Please make sure you always cover it tightly with foil as it won’t be as tender if you just use a regular pan. If you want a sweeter brisket just increase the quantity of sugar you use. Put simply this is the easiest beef brisket there is. It is a great recipe to make the day before that you easily can reheat and serve. You will probably want leftovers too so make sure you make plenty.
- 4-5 lbs beef brisket
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup Ketchup
- ¼ cup wine vinegar
- 1 small jar plum baby food
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Mix marinade ingredients together and marinate brisket in tightly covered glass casserole for 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Combine the barbecue sauce ingredients and bring to a boil in saucepan, stirring constantly. After mixture boils, continue to simmer for 7 min.
- Cook brisket in 275 degree oven in a pan tightly covered with aluminium foil for 3 hours.
- Remove pan for oven and pour off liquid.
- Cover brisket with ½ of the barbecue sauce and recover.
- Return to oven for about half an hour
- Slice brisket and serve it up with some roast potatoes.