- 2 salmon steaks, skin on, bones removed
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Whole Lemons
- 2 Sheets of Tin Foil
- Preheat oven to 380°F
- Squeeze the lemons into a dish large enough to fit both salmon steaks, then add the 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- Place salmon in prepared dish. Turn it over once to ensure an even coating of the marinade.
- Place each salmon steak into a separate tin foil sheet and create a rectangular shape around the base of the salmon with the foil. The purpose of this step is to ensure that a large amount of the marinade can be drizzled over the salmon steak so it has a ‘poaching effect’ when baking. This ensures that the meat is tender whilst still being cooked through.
- Put enough marinade inside the foil with the salmon steak to cover at least half a centimetre of the base. Then finish wrapping the tin foil over the top of each steak so they are both completely covered.
- Place the tin foil-covered steaks onto an oven tray and bake for approximately 25 minutes at 380°F
- Take the salmon steaks out of the tin foil and serve with or without a dash of the marinade remaining inside the foil.
- The marinade is also good to use over any vegetables you accompany the salmon with. Alternatively, a butter and lemon dressing also goes nicely with vegetables on the side.